Christine R. Melendres, LCSW
Founder, Sweet Mango Therapy Group, Inc.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker #96049
Hi there! My name is Christine R. Melendres and my pronouns are she/her/siya. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Psychotherapist in the state of California, and the Founder of Sweet Mango Therapy Group, Inc. I was born in Iba, Zambales, home of the sweetest mangoes in the world confirmed by the Guinness Book of World Records.
My family and I immigrated to the United States from the Philippines when I was 3 years old. I am the eldest granddaughter from both sides of her family, the first to graduate college in the United States, and the only licensed therapist in my family. I grew up in Daly City, California and have been involved in community work since the age of 12. My interest in the mental health field stems from my own immigration experiences and bicultural identity.
I specialize in helping high-achieving, young professional women of color (particularly those who identify as Asian American) who struggle with anxiety find clarity and reclaim their self-worth. My approach is culturally sensitive, person-centered, trauma-informed and warm. I am also a Brainspotting Practitioner and use interventions appropriate to your situation. I have 10 years of experience working in various clinical settings including hospitals, outpatient clinics, and a group home for homeless pregnant women in crisis. I have also helped hundreds of individuals and families in the Bay Area, and have extensive experience facilitating retreats, workshops and national conferences. Some fun facts about me: I enjoy playing with my two young children, watching comedy shows with my husband, listening to podcasts, and indoor cycling.
- 2011 Master of Social Work, San Francisco State University, Concentration: Individuals, Families, and Groups
- 2004 Bachelor of Arts in Sociology with a minor in Education, University of California, Berkeley
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker – California Board of Behavioral Sciences – Issued 08/2020
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional – Evergreen Certifications – Issued 08/2020
- Medical Social Work Certificate – Society for Social Work Leadership in Healthcare, California Chapter – Issued May 2011
- Brainspotting: Phase I and Phase II
- Mindful Self-Compassion
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
Professional Association Memberships
- National Association of Social Workers
Investment Per Session
- Individual Therapy, 50 minutes: $230
- Couple’s Therapy, 60 minutes: $250
- Family Therapy, 60 minutes: $300
- Superbill Provided Upon Request