Jeannie E. Celestial, PhD
Licensed Clinical Psychologist #29740
Kumusta po? Hello! My name is Dr. Jeannie Estella Celestial. My pronouns are she/her/hers. I’m a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PhD) and Psychotherapist in the State of California.
I was born on Chamoru land (Guåhan/Guam), after my parents migrated from Cebu and Cavite, Philippines. At the age of 6, I settled with my family in Vallejo, California where I was exposed to rich cultural and spiritual traditions of the Filipino community. My interest in holistic health (mind, body, spirit, brain, and nervous system) emerged by witnessing the stresses and trauma as well as the survivance and resilience of my communities. My critical consciousness and praxis (theory in reflective action) grew in college at the University of California–Berkeley and in Oakland where I served in artistic, spiritual, and health care settings.
I specialize in supporting high-achieving Filipina/x/o, Asian, and Pacific Islander women recover from trauma including developmental trauma (e.g., abuse, neglect, im/migration, etc.), traumas of oppression (e.g., racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, etc.), and intimate partner violence. I believe that by metabolizing and releasing trauma, my clients can more fully shine their authentic light and manifest visions on behalf of themselves, their ancestors, and future generations.
In psychotherapy, I integrate cognitive-behavioral, somatic, decolonial, and brain-based practices including Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Brainspotting. In 2013, I received the American Psychological Association Minority Fellowship for my commitment to ethnic minority behavioral health.
For fun and self-care, I enjoy cooking, dancing, and spending time with my family at the ocean. I’m one of the bestselling authors of The Filipino Instant Pot Cookbook (Rocketships & Wonderment, 2019) and the co-editor/co-author of Clinical Interventions for Internalized Oppression (Cognella Academic Publishing, 2022).
- Licensed Psychologist – California Board of Psychology – Issued 12/2017
- EMDR and Attachment-Focused EMDR, Parnell Institute, Levels 1, 2, 3
- Brainspotting: Level 1, Focus on BIPOC Issues; Masterclass with Dr. David Grand; Group Brainspotting Training with Glenda Villamarin
- Embodied Communal Consultations (Anti-Racism) with Resmaa Menakem & Karine Bell, Education for Racial Equity 10-Month Program
- Somatic Embodiment Certificate Levels 1, 2, 3
- Movement Trauma Healer Training Level 1, Trauma Response & Crisis Care
- Emphasis in Clinical Neuropsychology Program, Palo Alto University
- Emphasis in Psychology and Meditation, Palo Alto University
- Child Trauma Training Institute, San Francisco, CA
Professional Association Memberships
- Asian American Psychological Association (AAPA)
- AAPA Division on Filipinx Americans (DoFA)
- American Psychological Association
- Filipino Mental Health Initiative – San Francisco (FMHI-SF)
- Filipinx Mental Health Initiative – Solano/Napa (FMHI-Solano/Napa)
Investment Per Session
- Individual Therapy, 50 minutes: $250
- Superbill Provided Upon Request